Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One hell of a lady


It is with great sadness that I tell you of the death of David's mother, Maxine. She died of heart failure while undergoing emergency surgery in Mexico.

She was a wonderful woman, a tough cookie, someone who I could always respect. We had our good days and bad ones but there was always love and, in the latter years, a growing understanding between us.

Her natural intelligence and wit were hindered lately because of her battle with Alzheimer's but there were still moments of great clarity. There are many things I have to be thankful for in knowing her, but mainly she always encouraged me to "go for it". Her- and Charlie's-support of our move to Kuwait were amazing.

My children have great memories of their grandmother, for which I am thankful. Tomorrow on Christmas Eve, we will continue with her tradition of hiding the Christmas gifts. She will be pleased with that.

Here's to you, Lady.God Bless you and your men. We will all miss her.

No comments: