Monday, December 8, 2008

Just a wild and crazy group of kids


Here's one of my sections. We were posing "with a crazy look". They are great kids, although they are certainly teaching me how to be a teacher (read into that whatever you want!)

I was hired to teach Middle School Drama, which means that at the end of January, I switch to working with 8th graders. Do you remember when you were in 8th grade? This is why you will understand when I tell you to start praying for me now!!

We came here for challenges...and I'm about to get one. I'll have grown so much by next summer that I'll be 5'8" (FINALLY..the exact height for my weight!!)

Developing a good program for 8th graders will be on my mind as I wind through Italy on a train next week. That, and maybe where I can buy the next bottle of vino. And then as I enter Germany, I'll have to switch and continue thinking about 8th graders but switch to thinking about what kind of beer to drink.

I find that, professionally, it's good to plan ahead!!
(of course you remember that I live in a "Dry" country, so I may only need one glass of each!)

No comments: