Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swinging in the hammock

It is a beautiful morning here on lake lida, clear skies, sounds of loons and geese and blackbirds fill the air. A bit of sadness in the fact that we have precious little time left here, ut that is quickly filled with the memories of what a fantastic summer this has been for us.

In our little community there have been two deaths in one week, which is a lot for a small town, one was as a result of a car crash that I heard on an early morning.- a young man new to the community was driving , I guess too fast around the lake and ran head-on into a semi. I will not forget the sound of that crash, it was petrifying. Although I will admit that I thought it was someone setting off a firework

The other death has been very hard for the community to understand.. A beloved first grade teacher had an heart attack and was found by his young daughter. Very sad, he was a great teacher and part of the soul of the elementary school staff.
a number of years ago there was a bus accident in which we lost one o; our students (returning from a trip to Chicago the bus went off the road). This man PP, was a chaperone on the trip and became a first class hero in helping on site with the students. Well, it is not that he was a hero it was more like that is who he was, a classy guy who helped all. My heart goes out to the family and his friends at our school in PR.

Times like this show the beauty of a small town. I know that that there will be lots of support for the daughters and wife, that the staid at Viking elementary will rally and do their best to honor and remember him and that the families in the town will hug each other a little closer and savor the simple things with more purpose.

It reminds us all thT we have precious few moments anywhere and that we should all do our best to live them fully. And now I will take a walk with my dog and savor a few remaining Minnesota moments myself.

Peace


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

arlene said...

lost you e addy. Can you get to me- so I can connect again?
Arlene ahemm@loretel.net