Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Last Dog Walk...for this season

This morning my Angel and I went out on our last morning stroll. Itt is a ritual of the summer, something she enjoys..and expects. We don't really go far, but it's the ritual that is important. Then we return and throw sticks and fetch in the water (yes she does the fetching!)
Life at Lake Lida has it's rituals, just like life anywhere but somehow they seem more special here surrounded by trees, the lake, green grass, flying eagles, squawking geese, screeching osprey and the haunting bewitching


call of the loons.
I can..and do call /email tho dear to me but I can't speak to my Angel or see and smell the true essence of the lake while I am I the desert.
Fortunately Friends, Family, Angel and fthe Lake will wait patiently for us to return next summer. Quite honestly, THAT is what I hang on to while I am in the sand.







No comments: