Friday, April 1, 2011

Reporting In

We called her the Birdlady of Amsterdam...but we love her ;-)

Since there is a bit of turmoil in the Middle East, I realize that it's not fair to you, my dear family, friends and occassional readers, to not post often. Apoligies all around..MARCH MADNESS has finally ended (and I'm not referring to the basketball tournament). As I've commented, it was a CRAAAAZZY month. But now we are on 10 days of break and all is good.

We are delighted to have our German Godsister Marion visiting with us. The picture of her (although not that flattering) was taken last August when we visited Amsterdam with her and our German son Dennis. She's here while Anna and friend AN are touring Amsterdam. I bet I won't get any pictures of THAT vacation...

Marion will be with us for a week. We're showing her Kuwait (which as David says takes about a day!) while relaxing and enjoying her fine company. Marion is the perfect kind of guest-we can relax, laugh, have leisurely breakfasts and also be a tourist too.

On Wednesday us girls are headed to Dubai for a couple days of fun while David stays here and watches the cat. Hey-someone had to do it! While I am not that much of a fan of Dubai (it reminds me too much of North America and if I am this far away from NA, I'd rather not be reminded of back home.) BUT I am looking forward to seeing the country through Marion's eyes. It'll be fun to just be a tourist in the Middle East.

So we are safe, happy and finally resting. Thanks for your continued prayers for peace around the world....and Kuwait in particular!

Cheers and Love from the Desert


PS while you are praying, put in a good word for my daughter who is enjoying herself, I am sure. BUT we've all been 18 and, well, know you how much "fun" one can have at that age. Enough said....

No comments: