Saturday, April 9, 2011

Final Thoughts on Dubai

This is the same statue with photos taken during the day (left) and night. I actually took the night shot first. The next day I was driving by in a taxi and saw this group of Arab students posed for a group shot, and I had to snap the photo. Night and Day..just like the differences between Dubai and Kuwait. See below for my final thoughts. Then scroll down and see the other photos. While I enjoyed my trip to Dubai in the UAE, I am still glad that I live in Kuwait. As I've said before, I believe Dubai looks alot like many cities in North America (which is good and bad). It is certainly different than Kuwait: It's more modern, more multi cultural, less rigid, with cleaner greener spaces and sidewalks (we don't have consistent sidewalks here. As I have chosen to live thousands of miles from home, I NEED to be in a place that doesn't constantly remind me of home. At least for now. It's a nice, no, REALLY NICE place to visit and experience a different taste of life in the Middle East. Is it the Wonderland/Jewel/ Most liveable city that it claims to be? Many would say yes. For now, I'm content to live in my corner of the Gulf and to visit everyone once in a while. So Humdullah for Dubai with it's charm, glitz and adventures. And Thank God for Kuwait with all it's warts. As we say often "gotta love kuwait".

No comments: