Thursday, April 21, 2011

Weekly Report

This picture was taken of my two favorites at Ben's high school graduation in 2006. I like to think that they will always be this happy.

Greetings from Kuwait where thankfully all is peaceful and well.

We had a good week, teaching, NOT involved in any productions or activities or events upcoming. It was nice.

Biggest news for the blog is that Anna has decided to attend Jacobs University in Bremen Germany. They offered her a full ride tuition scholarship which is a very nice thing. She was able to check out the school a couple weeks ago when she was in Amsterdam for spring break.

Ben reports that he will be graduation May 11th although he won't be going through ceremonies as he has to hurry to guard duty to keep North Dakota safe.

I will admit that I'm in my period of mourning where I start to miss the people who won't be back here next year. Plus knowing that Anna won't be living with us next year, yes I admit it's a little tough.Again I find myself eating humble pie as I remember giving such good advice to my friends whose children have graduated and moved on. It was always easier to give the "you've raised them to leave you" speech when I still had children at home.

David continues to be calm and philosophical and reminds me that this is a normal phase of life. Thank God for my Rock.

On another note, Happy Easter to all our Christian friends back home. Eat a piece of ham for us.
We'll be working on Sunday ( a normal work day for us). I haven't been invited to a dinner yet, but I'll cast a net (pardon the biblical pun) and see what I can find.

No comments: