Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Salute to my "Sons"

I consider myself lucky in that I've got two children=a boy and a girl. Two completely different children too in addition to the fact that they are different genders.
I also consider myself lucky that these fine children have brought special friends along the way who have become like family to us.
AND being a teacher, there are a couple "Special" ones that make their way into your heart.

So it was with great honor that I copy and pasted this message on my facebook a couple days ago while adding a few comments on the bottom of the note.

Its Sons Week! If you have a handsome son or sons that you
love more than you can describe, copy and paste this to your
status for a little while, but hold them in your heart for a lifetime!

Here's to our number one favorite Ben...and my second son Phil..and my soccer son Miquel..and my pancake son Gunar..and to my Desert sons Ademi, Alex, Jake and Jesmie!!


And one of my boys came back with this reply...

What a wonderful message! Thank you! It's really heartwarming and humbling that you'd honor me as one of your "sons"... in humility it makes me feel that you're proud of me, and that's a great feeling. Lord knows you've been all kinds of a mother to me and more these past few years... many experiences and accomplishments I wouldn't AND couldn't have had without you.

So, I'll pass this love on in the only way I know how: by being the best son I can be. I pass it now to your daughter and family in hoping for their safety, and I'll pass it on to everyone I meet when I go out into the "real world" later on, having been prepared and educated by influences as profound as yourself.

LOVE FOR ALL SONS, LOVE FOR ALL MOTHERS; LOVE FOR ALL!


P.S., you're too great, Mrs. Brown.

What can I say? life IS Good!!!
Humdullah

No comments: