Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Notes from Spain

We arrived safely despite the fact that much of Europe is paralyzed by snow and winter travel problems. We had a delay out of Kuwait but it all worked and we...and our luggage...arrived safely in Spain.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Spain.
It´s beautiful, interesting, civilized (which we don´t always find in the desert) AND AND AND it´s got HAM, WINE, BEER and we can wear our winter coats. Simple pleasures I know but it makes for an important vacation and rest time.

SURVIVING WELL
We are staying in hostels which means the three of us are sharing one room and one bathroom. Anna has already told us about our disgusting habits (David snores ..he does..I talk in my sleep..yup and she HATES it that I have to have the bathroom light on at night..I get scared easily in strange rooms!) We told her it was good practice for having a roommate in college next year.

THE RAIN IN SPAIN
Yes it is winter in Europe which means that most days are somewhat overcast and it rains. But It´s wonderful (Kuwait gets 1 to 5 inches per YEAR!) We enjoyed beautiful sunshine yesterday. Seville is fantastic and we had a perfect ¨¨get lost¨kind of day where we didn´t have a plan just wandered.

PHOTOMANIA
My poor camera is so tired by the end of the day. This place is right out of the tour books (duh!) but SOOOOOOO beautiful. I will be busy for the remainder of December downloading photos. Don´t dare do it while we are travelling in hostels, who knows who could access my account.

LOVE TO YOU ALL
Travelling at the holidays is so far cheery and bright but I imagine that on Christmas Day I´ll be a little down because I´m not with Ben and Jolene and not in MN. Oh well, don´t worry I´ll keep going, have another white wine and somehow manage to deal with us (some sarcasm included!)

Take care and I´ll continue to post occassionally to let you know that we are well, warm and happy.

Feliz Navidad
The Browns in Spain

PS My husband´s Spanish and Daughter´s newly acquired language are FANTASTIC. It´s fun travelling with people who can actually order what I want for food!

No comments: