Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Nice to be Missed

This came on my facebook the other day from a former student of ours at PRHS. This one would definately go in our "attaboy" file. (the file that teachers have of notes from students to read when you wonder why the hec you ever got into teaching in the first place). Thanks "nice student" for making our day!

"Howdy,
I meant to write this thing out a while ago, (once you added me) but laziness struck...DAMN YOU LAZINESS!!!...Ok, thats over with, How's Kuwait? Seems to be a lotta fun, though I'll admit good to have the Browns back in the states for a bit, Theatre just aint the same without ya. Misses the passion, but then again what do I know..:-)...

Also, quick note to Mr. Brown,
Thank you! What for? Well theres a couple things; 1) For being a helluva teacher, no one compares to your methods of teaching. Who else would jump up and down on their desk screaming or sneak up on you in theatre with a really big fake knife. 2) For "not caring." You're the only teacher (salesman as you called yourself once) that (just kidding) who let us do our own thing. You said that it was our desicion to do what we wished and you weren't gonna stop us or make us do something. Relaxing in a way, not to mention Reverse Psychology..."

And finally reason number 3) For kicking me in the *** and hounding me to try out for the play. If it hadn't been for your "suggestions" I never woulda met (my girlfriend), though it could just be the teenage horemones talking, I've never been happier in my life then when I am with (my girlfriend), and I must say that 8 months isn't too bad for highschool dating....If it hadn't been for you making me try out for the play I never woulda met her.

So, one final time before I drag myself to sleep...Thanks Mr. Brown for getting me to try out, and Mrs Brown for directing one helluva final show. (The Theatre still goes on after school, just no where near as good, could just be because it was first year doing it, ...No experience....)

-a Nice Student (Names changed to protect their wonderful innocence)

No comments: