Tuesday, July 14, 2009

CanuCanoe?

Just returned from a FAHBULOUS weekend with 5 friends canoeing on the Boundary Waters Canoe Area on the MN/Canada border. Some of us were canoe experts, some of us were canoe veterans and some of us (ahem, me) hadn't really been in a canoe more than a 15 minute pretend journey around a calm lake. We all survived magnificently on our 3 night, 4 day adventure. I can portage, I can paddle, I can steer, I can start a campfire now and I can successfully wash my hair in a lake (actually not IN the lake because that would be bad for the environment!) But I had a first class BLAST with 5 women who are now very dear to me.

Pictures will follow (I was also the official photographer and managed to NOT drop my camera in the lake!)

Otherwise, I'm hangin' out with David and his dad PapaCB at the peaceful town of Wadena. Living in my mother in law's home inspired me tonight as I canned 8 pints of raspberry jam (As David asks "Who is this woman and what did she do with my wife?")Life is good...singin' pollywally doodle all the day!

1 comment:

Marlys said...

It was fabulous, wasn't it? We all learned so much from our Fearless Leader, Lisa, and from each other. Life is good!