Saturday, July 4, 2009

And I'm Proud to be an American



Every 4th of July we hang this flag at our cabin. It was draped over the coffin of David's grandpa Otho in honor of his service in World War I (where he received a purple heart). This summer, we hung it in honor and celebration of Ben, our son who is serving in Iraq. He WILL BE HOME soon, we just don't know the exact date (everyone keep praying!)

Also I am thinking of my Bro Col Michael, who is serving his 3rd term in Iraq as the Surgeon General (ie head doctor) for the Army National Guard.

May God, Allah, Budda, the Dali Lama and any other higher power keep them and others safe.

Remember your freedom and how lucky we are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could stick Kuwait's flag on my car here in france without risking it being broken by stupid kids :-(