Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Walking the Walk


"At first there is no road-It is when one person Leads that others can see the way"

The above quote is what I would like to have on my professional headstone as I leave my current job as the Cultural Collaborative Coordinator for 9 schools in the West Central Mn area. My job for the past three years has been to create opportunities and activities in which Pelican Rapids schools can share their diversity with area schools. It's been an interesting, terrifying, humbling, fabulous growth opportunity for me, one that I can truly say was THE hardest job I've ever loved!

What I learned could easily fill a book (hhmm maybe in my spare time I'll work on that one!) I've enjoyed working with the other schools, teachers and students but mostly I've received great pleasure and pride in working with the diverse students from Pelican Rapids schools. These students have amazed me with their humility, pride, strength, perserverance and sense of humor.

Thanks to all who were involved in the collaborative effort and please keep me posted on your adventures!!

No comments: