Monday, June 2, 2008

How much is that doggie in the window (She's Free!!)



This is a picture of the lovely Miss Zowie, the lab/border collie that we are looking for some loving person (people?family?) to shelter for the next two years. In a perfect world, she would return to us in the summers, but I know that's asking a lot. Basically I just want to find a good place for her.

Both of my dogs (the lovely Miss Angel is not pictured) have been teaching me the importance of "living in the moment". How does one explain to dogs that their lives as they know it will be turned upside down in 6 weeks? How does one say goodbye to dogs? I am enjoying every moment I have with them and just be happy I have them with me--for now. Yesterday morning they decided to chase a goose family (picture #2) and Mamma Goose had other ideas! What a treat to watch this-and what a sad moment when I realized that I won't have this opportunity for much longer.

We've decided to get plants in Kuwait and name them after the dogs. We've heard there are lots (and lots and lots) of feral cats in Kuwait, but as felines aren't really our favorites, we're going for plants that can take care of themselves when we're off traveling or working long hours at the school.

Someone very wise (thanks Greg H) once told me that Dog is "God" spelled backwards. I believe him-and in the power of both (dogs and God!) And I'm praying to Her (smile) for an answer to my dogdilemna. Wish us luck!!

No comments: