Thursday, June 12, 2008

...One Season Following Another, Laden with Happiness and Tears






The above are sunrise/sunset photos from Kuwait and Lake Lida. I'll let you guess which one is from Lake Lida, PR,MN. The others are from Kuwait (thanks to the unknown blogger who "let" me steal the photos).

I enjoy taking pictures of sunrises and sunsets. Many times in my life I have risen early at a travel destination just to photograph the sun coming up. It seems to have a special significance to say "yes this is the sun coming up over Lake Michigan at 600 am in Chicago" (something I've actually said). And sunsets on Lake Lida, well, there really isn't anything better. Sunsets signify for me the end of a good day and Sunrises are the promise of another day to "get it right". One is an ending yet always followed by a beginning.

Endings and Beginnings. Our life, as we knew it, in Pelican Rapids is ending. David has completed cleaning out his classroom and I will soon be able to hand over my job files to a fine new replacement. We will become "Lions" and wear blue and white clothing. We will become more comfortable saying Madahaba (hello) than Uffda. And maybe I will become tolerant of the heat.

Yes. life is about to radically change when we move to Kuwait. At times I can't believe when I hear these words coming out of my mouth "yes I am moving to Kuwait for two years to teach Drama". Like I was getting in the car and driving to McDonald's or something. This is a BIG DEAL ,according to my family who is still trying to get their brain around this fact ,(thanks for your love). Yet this move, so far, seem RIGHT for the Browns. Who knows...as I keep saying to David, " A year from now we're going to be a lot smarter".


As I live in Kuwait, I will see the sunrise about 8 hours earlier than most of you reading this blog, I will think of you and wonder if I will ever be able to explain what is truly happening in my life. Probably not. But keep reading. I will try and give details. And keep praying for us-for strength, for comfort, for humor AND for tolerance of the heat.

No comments: