Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scenes from a prison

Recently I went on a sponsored tour of "old Kuwait " through the AWARE center. This tour was billed as the start of the Kuwait Photography Club although I am not quite sure what they meant. I found out that thet are hoping to publish a book of photographs that people have taken of the trips during the year. Not a bad idea, I guess. I have mentioned that David and I are both published authors in a book on Expatriate Experiences published by the same organization. So I guess it would be okay to be a published photographer as well ( she says modestly thinking that, of course her photos would get published)

Anyway, probably the most interesting place we visited was Naif palace which was the palace for the Amir about 100 Years ago. It is used today for special visits and, if I choose to believe this story told to me by a fairly reputable person, also the site of current day executions by hanging.

We got to see the former jail which I think was used until recently. It made for some haunting photos as you can see below.





The guide told us they left the graffiti as they found it and are planning to make a museum of this part. Sorta creepy...sorta cool.


The old and the new.














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Naif palace, Kuwait

No comments: