Monday, November 7, 2011

Don't Let the..no wait...LET the Sun go down on me!


No I have not moved to the East coast of Florida, there are flamingoes in Kuwait! Yesterday we ventured off with the Wild Texans, on an adventure to see if we could view the large pink birds. I did see them a couple years ago so I know it was not a Hoax (as in Snipe hunting). After a circular route (it is so fun to watch people learn to drive in Kuwait!), we finally made it to the area. Unfortunately they were quite far out in the bay. In fact, these pictures are from a friend of a friend who saw them a couple weeks ago. But the important part of the story is that We DID SEE THEM!
 It was however, the first time I've watched a sunset on the water in Kuwait. Now I know that sounds strange since I live on eight blocks from the Gulf and I should have been able see several sunsets. Well, here in the Middle East (quite near the equator line..or at least closer than Minnesota), the sun sets quite fast (in about 10 minutes). No lovely lingering sunsets as we enjoy in the summer over Lake Lida. By the time I realize that it's sunset, I don't have time to get to the water because we don't have a car here and to try and communicate to a taxi driver "Hey get me to the beach I want to watch the sun set", the sun would already be down.
Looks almost like a postcard!

No comments: