Monday, November 15, 2010

Vacation at Home

Friend MR, new bff from Q8 and David pose in the Diwanya (meeting place) room. The two guys on the wall are the current Crown Prince (left) and Amir.

These fine men were working at Kuwait History compound. It doesn't really open until 530 but these guys let us in because we were interested in seeing what was behind the doors. They gave us tea, let us take lots of pictures, gave us free stuff and warmly invited us to return. But only if I promised to publish their picture on my blog...Shakron for the fun day guys! This adorable waiter was our charming host at the restaurant where we were delightfully served. I am not giving out the name because I don't want all my Kuwait pals running to it and making it crowded for the next time I want to visit. The guys on the wall are the past Amirs.




We are enjoying an 11 day break for Eid Al Adha this week. Today we went out to see places we knew existed but had never had the time or opportunity to visit. We had a grand time checking out sites, leisurely walking through places, pretending we were on holiday in some unique Middle Eastern country.

No comments: