Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ready for Round Three

Photo taken on the Deck of Lake Lida cabin, summer 2010.


We started school today at AIS. For Anna it was the first day of the last year of school. I didn't cry, I didn't even sniffle. In fact when I wished her a Happy First Day, she "tsked" me (Arabic slang). But it was a good day.
David is still happily teaching his 10th-12th graders all about Theater. He enjoys concentrating on "just" Theatre here, knowing that back in the states, he would more than likely have a job that includes English and Theater (which means grading lots and lots of English papers).
I am happy teaching my Fine Arts Appreciation classes, and will probably be happy teaching 7 and 8th grade drama (a new assignment) in addition to being the Activities Director for the Arts here.
The Administration trusts me (I know, someone should tell them right?!) and they let me be in charge of things, if I want to. Recently our principal said, "Nadine I never know what's going to come out of your mouth when you have a microphone in your hand but I'm okay with that". I guess that's about as good as it gets.
When we started this adventure back in 2008, I NEVER thought we'd be here for three years. Who knows how much Fun can be had in the Desert?!

Thinking of you all back in North America starting school last week and wishing we were there enjoying the fall with you. For now, we'll kick up a bunch of sand in your honor!
Cheers and Love
Da Browns

No comments: