Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

This morning I DID IT!! I got my butt out of bed and took a walk around the neighborhood taking photos. This may not sound like much to you, dear reader, but this has been something I've been wanted to do since we moved here. It's fairly easy to lay in my great big bed, (so large that I can sleep north/south and east/west without touching David). But the longer I lounge in bed, the less I get to see of the best part of Kuwait...mornings.
I love mornings in Kuwait. It's quiet, it's not too hot, and the humblest of workers are beginning their day without cars speeding by honking their horns because they are in such a hurry. For a country that functions on "Fate" (the belief that their lives are already scripted), most people seem to want to determine their "Fate" Quickly.
I took a walk around a half mile radius to our apartment. Well, actually I don't really know if it's a half mile or not. I'm still the stupid American who can't figure out kilometers, celcius when speaking about distance or temperature.
Here is what I saw. Thanks for sharing your Saturday morning with me.
Cheers from the desert.

No comments: