Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summertime and the livin' is ...FANTASTIC




Photo of Nadine and KT canoe woman taken on beautiful Spirit Lake. Photo of sidewalk mural taken last year at the IFF 11.

Being back in OTC is a surreal experience. I keep thinking that I'm going to wake up and it will be March and I'll be surrounded by desert. But so far I'm having a great time and it's not a dream.

Spent a couple days in PR catching up with old and dear friends, laughing, telling stories (and making some up apparently as my friends told me!), enjoying being near lakes and green.

Saturday I MCd the Friendship Festival. It was a great day and the site of Somalians, Mexicans, Bosnians, Americans dancing all together to the steady beat of a somalian song truly made my heart sing. It was a gorgeous sunny day and that made it all better.

Today (Sunday) we spent the day with PapaCB and it was perfectly mellow relaxing family day. The best site was watching my father in law teach my daughter how to use a slide rule. (pictures to follow). The gift of time spent with loved ones is the BEST gift as far as I'm concerned. Also the Browns don't like to "give" gifts so I didn't have to stress in finding the perfect gift for David. Anna made her papa brownies and all was well.

This vacation thing is going well.

Although I think I've caught up on my beer quota for the year,, hhmmm is it time to return to a dry country yet??!

1 comment:

Marlys Ebersviller said...

I love the picture of you and Karin. You look great!