Thursday, June 4, 2009

Still Smilin' (even with sand in our teeth!)



This picture was taken at the Farewell Banquet at the beautiful Safir International Hotel. We look pretty darn happy...because we SURVIVED our first year in Kuwait (and dare I say, "thrived"?)

We'll be back next year at AIS...David continues as Theatre teacher for grades 10-12 and he'll also probably ref soccer, help out with Anna's team, be involved in the winter play, tutor occassional lost students and probably build a set or two.

I'll be changing jobs...I'm saying "farewell" to 6th and 8th graders(though they were great) and moving into the fast and furious world of coordinating Activities for the school (Activities Director). I'll get to schedule events, work with student travel and other "duties as assigned". Who knows how much fun I'll have (only the person who I am replacing...DR the BFF)

We're also smiling because it's (as the Canadians say) 7 more sleeps until we board the plane and come back home. Start cooking the ham now please!

No comments: