Monday, July 11, 2011

Patience with the friendly skies

A hundred years ago, in a former life, I flew A LOT! It was nothing for me to travel 4 to 6 weeks Monday through Friday at certain times of the year. Needless to say, I have spent a lot of time in airports. Even now, as we fly around from north America to the middle east, we are somewhat used to waiting in airports. However, it doesn't make it any easier when it is announced that the plane is delayed. As I am on vacation and I don't have anything pressing (other than missing Lake Lida, my Angel, myAnna and my spouse...not necessarily in that order!) I am trying to be patient.
I know that it is not the fault of the person at the desk who is going to get the brunt of people's anger and rude comments. I know that being biztchy to them will not make the plane depart any sooner. I know that we ( as in humans ) cannot control the weather patterns or the acts of nature that prevent departures. I know thatif I breathe in and out I can become calmer.
So, I will play with my new toy, (my ipad) and look at the interesting people stuck in the gate here with me and I will continue to try and relax. maybe it's God's way of making sure I have one ,ore TimHortons coffee( for those of you who don't know...Canada functions by Timmys). time to go get a double double

No comments: