Thursday, March 17, 2011

Many Reasons to Smile

This is my newest great nephew with one of his big sisters! That alone is a great reason to smile!
Greetings from Kuwait where I am now officially one year older! My birthday was well acknowledged, by people at AIS, on Facebook and personal notes on yahoo. The bummer about living here is that I don't get HBD calls from friends, but electronic hugs work well too.

We opened the Play ANNIE on Wednesday night (that was my birthday celebration playing piano) and it was an "okay" opening. We sometimes fail to remember that we are in Education where we're TEACHING students how to act. Many of the cast has never been on stage before. Thursday night's performance was AMAZING so we are very proud of all of them.
Anna is in her final performance which is a little sad but it's time...(can you tell I'm getting ready for the final apron string seperation?)

It's with great humility that I admit that I'm choosing to ignor some of the world events. Mainly because I'm busy but also because it seems a little overwhelming to comprehend. Our former colleagues that were in Japan (see earlier post) left to return to Canada for the time being so they are safe. Students here want to fund raise for Japan now with all of the media attention focusing on the horrible situation there. More locally, we're a little bit concerned about what's happening in Bahrain as that's not all that far away. Bahrain is also a major airline connection stop for us when we fly internationally so that could change the focus of things for a while.

Tomorrow morning, when I finally have a day off in three weeks where I don't have to go to the school, I am going to get the Kuwait Paper, have a lounging breakfast and cuddle up with my spouse. AND I'll continue to pray for Japan, for Peace and for Strength for us all.

No comments: