Monday, July 26, 2010

This one time at Drama Camp...


I went to Austin Texas recently for additional training in International Baccelaurate Drama programming (what I teach to 7th and 8th graders)It was a fantastic workshop where I learned a lot! But i also managed to have some fun.
In Austin, the big thing to do is to go to South Congress Street Bridge and watch the 1.5 MILLION bats as they leave each evening to catch their fill of mosquitoes. I went to the bridge and saw bats, but decided that after an hour, I had given enough of my time to standing waiting for the bats to all let go. So here is an artists rendition of what it looks like. I liked the picture so I took a picture of it in the airport.

Pictured above is a photo from Pete's Dueling Piano bar on 6th street where we laughed and sang and had a fantastic good time. I was very impressed with the talent and knowledge of the piano players plus their wit.
Below is Brock, the bike hunk. He has a business where he gives rides on a cart attached to his bicycle. He was a sweetie.






























No comments: