Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Paranoid

My daily prayer: Let me be like a flower in the desert and bloom in the intense heat. Amen

Okay so I can talk big and brave and laugh at others, but when it comes down to it, I am paranoid. This morning at 2darkthirty, I was awakened by stomach cramps and chills and aches--in short, I thought for sure I had the H1N1 virus. All sorts of things went through my head: should I move out of the bed so David doesn't get it, will I have to stay home from school, should I go to school and hide in my office (seemed kinda dumb); will I have to lose a day's bonus pay (if we are in school every day we get a $350 bonus on the last day of our contract); will I have to go to the hospital...etc etc.

In short, I played right into the hands of the Media and all the bellringers here who are trying to get school closed.
Damn and I thought I was so tough.

My brilliant surgeon trained husband (no I didn't marry someone else, I'm joking) deduced that I didn't have a fever (by placing his hand on my forehead) and I knew that I could get out of bed if only until 10 am when my first class was done. Fortunatly by noon I was feeling better. And I kept all the food/liquid down that I consumed (on the sly of course because Ramadan is not quite yet over)

So all in all, I'll live to write another blog. And after tonight's Senior Iftar (word for breaking the fast) I will go home, put on my jammies and spend the night on the couch with the cat watching movies (Currently: Criminal Minds season 2--very good).

Next time, "they" won't get me so fast.

No comments: