Monday, July 28, 2008

WHAT A PARTY!!










Saturday afternoon we hosted the No Wine, No Swine Porkout Party at the cabin for friends and family. It was our attempt to try and thank all the good people of Pelican Rapids for raising us for the past 14 years. Over 160 people attended (no one crashed) Family members came from as far away as Colorado and Iowa. We even received a phone call from our "Greek new best friend Basil" who we met last year in Belize. He wants us to go sailing in Greece next summer. We're in...

Of course, I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone, the toilet wasn't working and I felt overworked in the kitchen. These were the petty things I assaulted my husband with late Saturday evening. Then I slept on it and realized how LUCKY WE ARE to have so many people who took time out of their lives to celebrate ours. I apologized to David and mentally slapped myself for not celebrating the REAL moments in life.

It was great fun, the weather was perfect and the combination of family and friends showing the love was awesome. We are SO BLESSED.

No comments: