Friday, October 7, 2011

Seeing through old new eyes

This morning I went out with my new neighbor, KK. She is from Wisconsin and is tackling her new life in Kuwait, new life as a married woman, new life as a teacher AND she and her wonderful hubby SM, get to live next to us!


KK is pictured below posing at the Marina Cresent, a lovely place to have a meal and watch the boats come in and out. Then we ventured into the mall and I learned just how smart she is about tea, after working her way through college in coffee houses in Madison. She really I pressed the owner of the tea shoppe we were in-he offered her a job! (see the smiling man and me above).


Walking around Kuwait with KK and other newbies has given me a fresh perspective on the desert. I try to see things through their eyes and try to remember what it was like to come to here and start a new life.

Location:Marina Mall Salmiya Kuwait

No comments: