Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Whatcha Been Doin'?

Sorry for the lack of postings for the past 10 days, I've been busy getting ready to make a presentation to get our school into a new activity league. Last weekend, I traveled to Abu Dhabi with our superintendent and incoming principal to convince a group of 13 other schools that we should be able to play with them next year in activities and sports. And it worked...so now AIS is a part of ISAC (International Schools Activity League) with schools from Eqypt, Dubai, Oman, Jordan, Abu Dhabi and Kuwait. It'll be an interesting challenge for us, lots of changes but hopefully one that our students will benefit from.

At the meeting, I got to see my friend ML, who told horrific stories of waiting and watching and being a bit scared during the Eqyptian Crisis in Alexandria Eqypt. It was good to see him looking well.

Also I got a chance to catch up with the BritStudMuffin and his lovely wife and son who now live in Abu Dhabi. The opportunity to enjoy Laughter with friends always makes a trip better.

Then I've been working with my piano students and getting ready to play for the music concert here last night. The music program has come a long was in the past couple years and it's fun to be a small part of that. One of my students played piano for the combined 7/8 choirs and it was a moment of full circle for me. I began my piano career in grade 7 playing for the choirs at HHS so it was nice to have an opportunity to pass along what piano savvy I have learned.

Tonight Anna and I went shopping for a prom dress. They do have a quasi prom here, although it's a private affair and the school "can't" be involved. I thought a lot about Anna's class at PRHS and how they were in prom last weekend (safely I am glad to hear!) Anna is going with a friend to the big event here. I'll post pictures of the smashing dress and the "model" when the big event happens.

Tomorrow our son graduates from Alexandria Technical College with a degree in Law Enforcement. He's unable to go through ceremonies because of his National Guard duties but we're proud of his graduation anyway!

One more month and I'll be parked on the deck of the cabin watching the sunset on Lake Lida. Otter Tail county sure looks good to me about now.

We are healthy, safe and working hard to wrap up this year successfully. Hope you are the same.

No comments: