Friday, May 27, 2011

My newest Acquisition

One of my favorite pastimes in the sandbox is shopping. I don't always have to purchase something but I enjoy the hunt.
There are fabulous doors here aquired from older homes in India, Kuwait and around the region. I have coveted them and tried to figure out how I could get one as A) they are expensive and B) they are VERY heavy.
Last Saturday while scouring a local antique spot, I came across this beautiful piece which I believe was a window once upon a time. It features beautiful wood, real stained glass inserts (the "evil" eye which is supposed to keep you safe from evil happenings) It is about 5 feet long, 3 feet high, made of wood and glass and is wonderful.
I was afraid to even ask the price because I loved it so much. When I did get up the courage and found out it was an INCREDIBLE deal, I couldn't believe my ears. I had to ask the guy three times how much it was (it was about $75). Applauding my good fortune, I scooped it up and made it mine. Even David was impressed with the piece and price.
The reason why I'm writing like this is a travel catelog is that we're hoping that when Uncle Doug (a faithful reader) sees this, he will agree to our master plan of placing it in the family cabin.
What do you think? We'll talk soon....

No comments: