Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Touchdown in da Mother country

bicycles parked at train station maastricht holland
Enroute to the desert this year, we took a week long detour and travelled to Germany and The Netherlands.
This is Maastricht Holland where we enjoyed spending the day on Tuesday. This is the hometown of our German Godsister (she admonished me for calling her my Godmother on facebook!) She lives in Aachen Germany where I tried to copy a photo of but was unsuccessful (maybe I need another cup of good strong German coffee!)
Today we are off to Amsterdam, which will be a new site for David and I. Anna will join us as she has been in the north of Germany visiting friends from AIS.
Thursday we will reunite with our beloved German son, DS, who is the son of our Godsister. He lived with us in 1998.
We are truly blessed to have these connections world-wide.
As soon as I return to Kuwait and I can get my camera loaded, I will post pics for all of you dear friends who tell me you live vicariously through me...I will gladly host your next trip to Aachen!

No comments: