Friday, October 29, 2010

2010 Academic Games-AIS style

Last weekend, I the pleasure of hosting the Academic Games event here at AIS. We had teams from Kuwait (2), Alexandria Eqypt and Muscat Oman. The Oman team (pictured below in their team shirts) were a gracious group, despite the fact that we (AIS) was unable to get one of their team members into the country because of visa issues. I look pretty good considering I've got "egg on my face". (seriously it wasn't my problem but I sure felt like do-doo) This is the AIS full team. There were 3 teams of four from each school. Anna's team (AIS #1) took 2nd place overall with Anna taking first place in the Science Olympiad and coming in 2nd in the Spelling Olympiad after losing a 15 round spell-off with a boy from the other Kuwait school.
Here is Anna displaying her fine Engineering skills. She didn't win this event.




No comments: