Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Packing it up

We are closing in on our last thirty days here. Doesn't see possible, yet as I walk around my almost empty apartment, reality is beginning to hit. Our shipment leaves for the US tomorrow. Packing has been interesting, so glad we started early. When the initial quote was over $3500, I was in shock!
Tomorrow I get to finish itemizing all items, assigning a value and ( cough) forking over the money. We will get about 1/3 of the cost provided to us by the school ...which would not happen in the US for sure.
Seems like so little, yet it represents five years of our lives, travelling and collecting. I am thinking of my mother in law who would have had to pack up an entire working life in their final shipment back to the US.
The only time I cried( just a little) was when the magnet collection came off the fridge.
It's like life...we enter the world with nothing and we leave with nothing.
Inshallah we will meet up with all our treasures in 60 days or less!

No comments: