Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thought for the New Year

I'm Baaacck!! Sorry for the lack of writing, I had the horrible snotitius, coughing,achey-breaky cold/flu crud for the past week and it really knocked me out. But this morning, I awoke after the first full night's sleep in a week, with a smile on my face and a relatively clean nose, so it's going to be a better day!!

As I was showering, (too much detail I know) the word "HOPE" came to mind. It's going to be my mantra for 2010. There's lots of negativity happening in the world, maybe in your own world.

In addition to being sick (or maybe this was the cause of it...) I was in a funk after visiting "home" and seeing dear ones and experiencing the MN cold. It is definately something that I don't have here (Both the weather and seeing dear ones daily). And I'll admit there are times when I wish I hadn't gone back because it was too painful to leave and return here without them (ah, that would be the people, not the weather).
Also during this time, friends at AIS are finding new places to move, new horizons to conquer.It's part of the cycle in an International School. I am dealing with the fact that people I have grown to love and depended on for daily contact, humor and support will be leaving at the end of the school year, literally for parts all over the world. There is a very real possibility that I will never see some of these people again EVER in my life. It makes this farm girl with the deep roots very sad.
But I have hope that their moves will be better for them, I have hope that I will see them again and certainly their presence in my life here for these past two years has given me hope when I was experiencing my own dark days.

Inspiring me in my HOPE mindset is the fresh marriage of my oldest child. My son and his wife are starting their lives while still in college in a starter apartment with a sketchy future in front of them (due to the economic situation). But they have enough hope in themselves and each other to say "damn it all" and risk getting married. Their hope is inspiring.

What I'm trying to say is that we should all be thankful for HOPE. It's what gets people out of bed,it's what can make a bad situation brighter and it's the one thing that no one should be able to take from us.
I HOPE you have a great day. And I HOPE you will continue reading this blog and not give up on me even when I don't post news all the time or pictures. AND, i HOPE that your 2010 is a better one filled with Hope.Finally I can say it, "Happy New Year".

Soon to be on this post, Tales from Turkey (David and Anna's trip to Istanbul)

2 comments:

Joyce B said...

I could never forget to read your blog. Thanks for your help during your visit!

Amanda said...

While there is a very real possibility you may never see some people again, there is also, in this world and this era, the very real possibility that you will always be in contact with them. It may be once a month, or only once a year. It may be the occasional message popping up in ten years, the glimpse of their face on someone else's photos as you Facebook browse, or a surprise sighting in an airport far from any of your homes. The world is smaller than it seems, Nadine, and it is no coincidence that people enter and re-enter your life at the moments in which they're needed, even if no one was expecting it.