Monday, March 24, 2008

Technology is creeping up on the old girl

In preparation for our big move over the pond, I learned how to use Facebook this weekend. I also practiced having a telephone conversation on Skype with a new colleague (thanks John). Both forms of communication are amazing although I can tell that the facebook one could be addicting! I don't know if I have to know THAT MUCH about my friends and family (the constant posts about what people are doing are sorta funny yet terrifying!)

I also practiced IMing (is that the proper word?? Is it now a verb?) with my sister in Alaska (thanks Marcie).

All this show my need to be able to communicate with people when we move away. I'm afraid that I'll be stuck in the desert and have no one to talk to! Sorta like living on the farm when the electricity goes out and the phone went dead.

When David's parents were overseas, they had to rely on letters or no communication at all! My respect for them grows daily.

It's now officially after Easter which means that it's time to get serious about this moving thing and about cleaning up work.

I tried to sort through something "easy" in our house by going through the linens this weekend. I ended up with a bigger pile of "save" items than throw or give away. Not a good sign for sure. So I threw everything back in the closet and decided to start fresh another day.

This will be get better right?

No comments: