Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Horsin ' Around

One of my favorite students, S, took me on a riding lesson last night. It was a fascinating experience to watch her work with these beautiful animals. It certainly showed me a whole new part of Kuwait! S is an intense student who is a joy in the classroom and out.


Unfortunately I couldn't use the setting in the camera with a flash as horses are easily distracted. In fact S told me that even though I was several feet away, her horse heard every time I clicked the shutter as his ear would twitch.


S makes me laugh for several reasons but one of them is that she is always the first one to wear a heavy coat, gloves, boots, etc when it gets "cold". So whe. She told me to bring warm clothes because I would get cold sitting watching her, I almost didn't listen. But I did at the last minute heed her warning and I am very glad that I did as it was actually cold. I never thought I would be saying that I was cold here. It was like watching a football game on a Friday night in late October cold..minus the snowmobile suit.





S has been riding since she was 4 years old. Her goal is to make it into a jumping competition. I believe she will make it as she has the drive and determination to do anything she wants.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: