Thursday, December 4, 2008

On Vacation...

We are officially out of school for the year! We don't resume classes until January 4, which gives us a month to "play". And, play we are as we're headed next week to Italy (despite the flood in Venice) and Germany to be welcomed into the arms of our German family, the Scheifers. It will be good.

Today we had a silly day at school (well I thought it was silly). But the BESTEST SILLIEST thing of all was when David performed the role of the Grinch as I read "How The Grich Stole Christmas" to an assembly of 6-8th graders and staff. My 6th graders were supposed to perform a play but half of them were absent (it's okay to not come to school today..another silly thing). Anyway, I found out at 8am that I didn't have a full cast so Plan B became me reading with David acting.

It worked! Quite well I might add. We kept them entertained and it was fun to do. My children's librarian skills and David's acting skills were hauled out of the closet, dusted off and put into full use!

We enjoyed a long lunch with our principal and his wife (also from Minn-eh-soda) and then I took a 3 hour nap. It's a good start to vacation. We'll keep you posted on our progress.

No comments: