Sunday, August 10, 2008

The (Final) Long MN Goodbye Tour-Part 4




I did it! I saw EVERYONE that I needed to see before departing for Kuwait and said what I needed to say. I feel GREAT! along with loved, awed by friends/family and their support, and a little tired for all the travel.

The last part of the tour was what I perceived to be the hardest (saying goodbye to 94 year old Aunti Ethel) but it turned out to be the most upbeat. Aunti is lookin' MAHVELOUS, feelin' spunky and taking matters into her own hands by purposely checking out assisted living so she can get on the list("You know sometimes it takes up to 2 years to get in!) The only meds she takes are 1 asprin a day and she just purchased a new Postupedia bed (a significant investment!)

Her famous quote to me when I finally got up the nerve to tell her I was leaving was
"Well you gotta do these things while you're young, because when you get to be my age, all you do is spend time looking for a bathroom!"

Along with these wise words of wisdom, I found a new saying that will be my new "Motto"

Though we travel the world over to find beauty
We must carry it with us
or we find it not
-Emerson


Here's a few pics of the trip
Picture 1: Aunti Ethel, her children, me, my sister, her daughter, my other sister's son and family
Pictures 2 and 3: Dr Bob and LMA-my first non-blood Brother and Sister. Also my friends, mentors, beer drinking pal (DB), fashion and spiritual advisor (LMA) for the past 33 years

No comments: